So, very quickly:
I’m a catch for potential employers. I know how to handle my time, having worked one job or another (or two or three simultaneously) since I was fifteen, while managing to keep my grades up. I know how to write, edit, and produce just about anything for just about any medium, and I can work solo or collaborate with ease. I like solving problems, I like communicating in meaningful ways, and I like thinking at higher levels.
Hire me! Take a look at my resume if you’re still not convinced.
Click here for the PDF: Brittany Wienke’s Resume
University of Florida, May 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, English
- Bachelor of Science, Telecommunications—News
Universidad de Complutense de Madrid, May—July 2012
Digital Brands, August 2012—Present
- Manage free-lance writers, edit their work, and manage and upload content.
- Research content, marketing, and branding strategies for online verticals.
Web Administration, College of Journalism and Communications, May 2011—Present
- Redesign, update, and maintain multimedia properties’ and college’s websites.
- Use HTML5, CSS3, Dreamweaver, and WordPress on a daily basis.
- Work flexibly in multiple content management systems.
WUFT-FM, Florida’s 89.1, an NPR affiliate, August 2010—May 2012
- Conducted interviews over the phone and in the field, edited sound, and wrote pertinent and timely news stories under deadlines for 100,000-watt station.
- Wrote, produced, and anchored live hourly newscasts, an hour-long newsmagazine, and the local early-morning program.
- Sold outstanding pieces to Florida Public Radio for statewide broadcast.
Tea Literary Magazine, January 2011—Present
- Contribute to the group effort of designing the physical and digital annual editions of the studentrun literary magazine.
Scripps-Howard Newspapers , May 2010—August 2010
- Interviewed sources, researched content, and wrote local news and features.
- Updated the website in a timely fashion and designed web pages incorporating social media.
Rock 104, WRUF-FM Gainesville-Ocala, August 2010—October 2011
- Broadcast live, managed playlists, and timed out hours for a 100,000-watt commercial station.
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Blogger, and
Textpattern; social medias, HTML, CSS, Windows, Macintosh.
Communication: Clear and articulate speaking and writing abilities. Can communicate effectively in spoken and written Spanish.